Paper Machine is home to Antenna‘s digital press, as well as Southern Letterpress, and Gutwrench Press. In addition to producing artist and writer publications under Antenna’s Press Street Press imprint, we help make many print-based projects for artists, writers, or other arts organizations that relate to our mission, which in turn supports the non-profit artist- & writer-driven programs we produce at Antenna and Paper Machine.
Paper Machine print policies
We love to print for New Orleans!
We print using a Ricoh Savon color laser printer, a high-end, professional toner-based printer (not inkjet). We can print up to 13 x 19 inches, and up to 300# paper (see below for a list of stocked papers).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a print job started. Send your files, ready to print, and we’ll give you an estimate!. If you need assistance with your files, see below under “Prepping files for print”
Cost estimate: Paper Machine will provide you with a cost estimate based on your final digital production files. If this cost changes significantly, we will notify you. Please note, changes in page count, binding method and paper type all change the estimated cost of a project. If special materials are required for a project, we may ask for a deposit to cover costs.
- We don’t do walk-in printing.
- We need at least 24 to 48 hours to complete any job. We recommend DocuMart, Office Depot, Dittos in Chalmette or Fedex/Kinkos for last minute printing projects.
- For larger or more complex jobs, print production only begins after the proof is approved by the customer. We need 3 to 5 days to complete a proof.
- Most book editions can be completed within three weeks after the final proof has been approved. An exact schedule will be provided at the signing of the final proof.
- For larger or more complex jobs, we will print a copy of your job and ask that you sign off on the printed sample.
- Paper Machine is not responsible for errors in projects that do not have a signed, approved, final proof. And we are never responsible for spelling or grammar errors
Prepping files for print:
Bleeds/Margins: All files need to have 0.25 inch of bleed on all 4 sides of the format for full bleed designs. All active text must be 0.5 inch from the edge of the format. We are happy to answer questions about this, and explain how to create these specs. If your files don’t have these specs, we will notify you. We can fix many of these problems in-house for a small production fee.
Production fee: Paper Machine is happy to make changes to client production files, or help with editing or layout to existing designs. This time is billed at $45 per hour. Please ask for an estimate of time.
Design fee: We do not currently offer graphic design or book design services, but are happy to refer you to a local designer who can assist you.
Our house papers, that we always carry, include:
- 80# uncoated, cover weight
- 80# coated, cover weight
- Kraft paper, cover weight
- 80 # uncoated, text weight
- 100# uncoated text weight
MANY OTHER OPTIONS FOR CUSTOM ORDERS & VOLUME DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE. Call 504.298.6330 or email email@example.com today to get a custom quote.